Emerald Coast Regional Council is one of ten regional councils in the state of Florida. For more than 55 years, ECRC has supported its seven-county region in technical assistance, economic development, and planning across a multitude of disciplines, programs, and services. ECRC team members enjoy a generous benefit package and true work/life balance as they serve the area known for community, growth, and the unrivaled beauty of the Emerald Coast.
The Emerald Coast Regional Council is seeking a Program Coordinator II for Housing. Under the supervision and guidance of the Community and Economic Development Manager, the Program Coordinator performs intermediate level coordination of and support for our housing related programs.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates, promotes, and evaluates housing programs; ensures program contract or regulatory compliance; assists in the development of short and long-term plans for programs
- Administers policies, procedures, and guidelines for programs and strategies including property rehabilitation, emergency repair, homebuyer assistance, new construction, home replacement, special housing needs and other active programs; recommends improvements
- Processes applications, verifying information is correct and complete; informs participants of any additional information needed in a timely manner as necessary
- Verifies income and determines program eligibility by contacting employers, landlords, social assistance agencies, and other related resources
- Consults with attorneys, banks, insurance agents, title company representatives, mortgage brokers, government agencies and other related professionals as necessary to process applications and provide information
- Prepares program documents, contracts, satisfaction of lien and mortgage agreements, mortgage or lien modifications and any other legal documents when necessary
- Provides accurate and quality customer service and technical information for all inquiries from clients; explains housing program to clients to ensure proper understanding and determine resources available; investigates and resolves client complaints; provides a timely response to all requests and inquiries
- Oversees filing system and ensures documents and folders are maintained efficiently and securely; maintains confidential and/or sensitive participant and prospective participant data to include but not limited to: applications and statuses, financial information, and due payments as applicable; prepares and maintains records and reports to ensure accurate data entry
- Assists with inspections and contractor bidding processes for projects; works with external partners to determine initial scope of work; conducts field evaluations and assessments as needed
- Develops and maintains partner relationships with for profit and nonprofit organizations, such as banks and other financial lenders, title companies, closing agents and other governmental agencies; establishes and maintains a liaison with the Florida Housing finance Corporation and the Florida Housing Coalition
- Provides staff support to local housing boards to include but not limited to: creating agendas, recording minutes, scheduling meetings, and creating public notices
- Works closely with Public Relations to develop marketing and communications strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness; assists in conducting events as needed
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related duties as assigned.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, program management or related field
- Two (2) or more years’ program coordination experience
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Knowledge of housing industry as it pertains to construction, appraisals, mortgage, or real estate
- Advanced computer skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit www.ecrc.org/employment to obtain an application and instructions regarding submission. Candidates will not be considered until both the application and resume are received.
The ECRCis an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ECRC provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. ECRC is a Drug Free Workplace.