Administrative Assistant I
Closes: The position will close at 9:00am PT Monday, November 28, 2022.
Status: Regular full-time, 40 hours per week; nonexempt FLSA status.
Salary: The starting salary range is $54,000 – $60,000 annually, DOE, with full benefits.
Location: Puget Sound Regional Council, Downtown Seattle, Washington; The position may be eligible for hybrid or remote work (within Washington state).
The Puget Sound Regional Council is the regional transportation, growth management, and economic development planning agency serving Seattle and the central Puget Sound. The thriving region is home to over 4 million people and is one of the nation’s fastest growing metropolitan areas. PSRC brings together the region’s diverse counties, cities and towns, native tribes, ports, the state of Washington and civic interests to understand the challenges facing our region’s future and make plans for the region to continue to succeed. The agency serves as the region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization and is the regional leader for growth management, transportation, and economic development under state and federal laws. Visit www.psrc.org to find out more. PSRC is an equal opportunity employer.
The strength of our region is rooted in our diversity. Barriers to opportunity and achievement for people of color and other marginalized groups only undermines the talent and resources available to our region, limiting our ceiling for excellence. Regions that remove barriers and reduce disparities maximize the ability of every resident and jurisdiction, creating stronger economies, more engaged communities, and improved outcomes for all residents. At PSRC, we’re striving to create a region where all people have the means to attain the resources and opportunities that improve their quality of life and enable them to reach their full potential; where differences in life outcomes cannot be predicted by race, class, or any other identity. In order for us to accomplish this, our workforce has to reflect the communities we serve. We’re committed to creating an agency where all of our employees can thrive.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they can perform all job duties. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may come from a variety of backgrounds. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your experiences and skill set for the position. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.
PSRC is seeking a responsible professional, capable of working independently and as part of a team, for the position of Administrative Assistant I in the Transportation Planning Division. You will perform administrative support in a flexible and dynamic work environment, supporting multiple staff in the department and serving as primary support staff to multiple committees.
You will be a key member of staff supporting regional planning in this region. Though you will provide support for a primary division, planning work is collaborative. You will work with staff from across the agency and may provide support to another department as needed. You will also be a member of an administrative support group. This is a collective of administrative staff across the agency that supports one another as the group supports the agency. Ideal candidates will value the camaraderie that this work environment fosters.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience providing administrative support for professional staff, including:
• Supporting committees. You will be responsible for meeting coordination and preparation and will be key in guiding the agenda process from creation to publication. We operate under tight deadlines but allow for flexibility as the workload can be demanding. You will need expertise in software systems to pull the agenda packet together, email it to members and post it on our website.
• Strong organizational skills are a must. You will be served well with an attention to detail and commitment to follow-through.
• Experience handling competing priorities. Multiple projects, meetings and tasks will be assigned to you. We will depend on you to prioritize these assignments and connect with others when you need backup.
• Excellent writing skills, including editing and proofreading for accuracy and formatting for clarity.
• Computer skills/experience:
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Experience using meeting software such as Zoom and Teams. Have a tech-savvy mindset that explores these platforms for updates and improvements that may serve the team.
• Experience maintaining databases, email distribution lists and utilizing email software (such as MailChimp or other Customer Relations Management tools) and webpage maintenance is preferred.
• Experience with the Adobe Acrobat Pro.
• Experience with document accessibility tools and best practices is preferred.
• Communication and interpersonal skills/experience:
• Highly developed verbal, listening, and communication skills. You will interact with department staff, other administrative staff, senior staff of other agencies and jurisdictions and elected officials. Ability to solicit and incorporate feedback.
• Teamwork is highly prized. A great deal of the agency’s work is completed by a collective effort. We support one another but also take on responsibility to lend a helping hand.
• Experience having multiple supervisors and/or working with multiple project teams.
• Other administrative skills/experience:
• Experience using a variety of office equipment such as printers, copiers, scanners, and phone systems. An ability and curiosity to learn more about feature rich products.
• You will become the expert for meeting logistics. You will be knowledgeable on setting up and using audio/visual equipment and software. Staff will look to you to prepare the logistics and guide them through pitfalls. You will partner closely with IT to make this happen.
• Meetings require projectors, complex audio/video conference systems, and webinar formats. You will be adaptable to use these systems and troubleshoot when they may not work as they should.
• Experience providing reception desk coverage.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Typical ways in which incumbents acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to include:
• High school diploma or GED.
• One to two years of increasingly responsible administrative experience.
• Or any combination of lived experience or education experience that would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume as part of the application process and apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/psrc.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO POSITION:
• PSRC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran, or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
• This recruitment may be used to fill future openings for up to six (6) months.
• PSRC office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm with work hours determined upon hired.
Link to Job Description and to Apply: Click Here