The Communication and Public Engagement Manager position resides in the External Relations Division of NOACA and reports to the Director of Communication and Public Affairs. Responsibility for the major communication functions of the Agency is the primary role of the position. Within communication, the position has responsibility for media relations (including earned media strategies), strategic communication plans and implementation, social media strategies (including website development), public participation planning and engagement. This position will directly manage the activities of 2 – 3 staff who will report to the Communication Manager. The Communication Manager can also expect involvement in public information requests and being an occasional spokesperson for NOACA when called upon to do so.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job. To be considered for this position, an individual must be able to perform each duty in a satisfactory manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Performs and manages advanced communication efforts
• Identifies and proposes new communication approaches/initiatives
• Coordinates communication and outreach efforts
• Understands and advances the metropolitan planning process and the general aspects of regional transportation and environmental planning
• Develops and implements strategic communication plans to achieve specific goals and objectives
• Maintains consistent relationships with media outlets and occasionally functions as the Agency’s spokesperson
• Facilitates communication of the NOACA major planning documents (OWP, LRTP and TIP) as well as strategic planning documents (NEOSCC – Vibrant NEO 2040 and NOACA Regional Strategic Plan)
• Develops and implements an annual plan of strategic communication
• Develops and implements a public participation plan in accordance with federal and state policy
• Makes sound and strategic decisions related to communicated messages and has the ability to understand narrative development
• Directly supervises two or more communication related staff
• Integrates communication plans and activities with government affairs and public affairs activities to support Agency goals and priorities
• Manages the collection/analysis/input of data, database design, and maintenance.
• Prepares and reviews reports/documents/records.
• Prepares and reviews program goals and objectives.
• Represents NOACA at meetings inside and outside of NOACA offices on work-related and policy issues, as directed.
• Presents project-related information to NOACA Board, Committees and/or outside, organizations as required by the position
• Engages in minimal travel within the state and the continental U.S., as directed.
• Works independently, under one division director.
• Works on special projects as required.
• Performs other duties deemed appropriate.
Link to job posting: https://www.noaca.org/home/showpublisheddocument/26607/637594365469270000
Link to apply: https://www.noaca.org/about/contact-us/jobs