Community and Regional Planner (Planner I, II, or III)
Tri-County Regional Planning Commission (TCRPC) serves Peoria, Tazewell, and Woodford counties in central Illinois as the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), which supports regional short- and long-term transportation planning needs. TCRPC offers a friendly work atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision-making and opportunities to work individually and in team settings on transportation, land use, and environmental projects throughout the tri-county region.
TCRPC seeks a full-time entry-to-mid-level planner to aid with integrated planning and implementation projects. Primary job responsibilities involve helping with the execution of long-range planning work programs. Examples of the varied work produced by staff are available for review on TCRPC’s website: https://tricountyrpc.org/.
• Become a collaborative part of the planning team by researching, organizing, and completing existing programmed projects and providing input regarding project development.
• Participate in transportation planning (MPO) and assist with community, environmental, and land use projects.
• Collect and analyze data, such as demographic, economic, and land use, pertinent to long-range planning initiatives.
• Assist with and prepare maps and written materials for various planning projects.
• Develop and update comprehensive plans for local jurisdictions throughout the tri-county region.
• Attend Commission, Technical, and Human Service Transportation Plan (HSTP) meetings as needed to provide technical support and present information regarding the proposed planning materials and programs.
• Help with public outreach activities, including the monthly newsletter, social media posts, and project-specific events.
• Assist in the implementation of various planning projects.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree, or higher, from an accredited university with a major in urban planning, geography, public administration, or a related field. Candidates must be detail-oriented and organized, skilled in verbal and written communication, and able to work in a team setting and on multiple projects. Prior MPO experience and project management skills, including budgeting is preferred. Basic knowledge of GIS, Adobe InDesign, and other graphic applications is helpful.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is based on experience and capabilities, with a starting range of $42,000 – $57,000. Excellent benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, with optional health savings account; life insurance; short-term disability insurance; 457b deferred compensation retirement; and paid time off, including holiday, vacation, personal, and sick leave.
Applications are accepted until Friday, February 17, 2023 by 4:00 pm. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references via email to email@example.com or via mail to TCRPC, 456 Fulton Street, Suite 401, Peoria, Illinois 61602.
TCRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Candidates must be able to work legally in the United States.
Link to Job Description (PDF): Click Here
Link to Job Posting: Click Here