The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is seeking candidates for the Deputy Executive Director for Research, Analysis, and Programming.
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is the region’s official comprehensive planning organization and federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO). The agency and its partners developed a new long-range comprehensive regional plan called ON TO 2050 to help the seven counties and 284 communities of northeastern Illinois implement strategies that address transportation, housing, economic development, open space, the environment, and other quality-of-life needs. CMAP has a 17-member board with representation from across the region and about 120 staff members who are working to implement the ON TO 2050 plan. They are guided by the agencies core values of foster collaboration, pursue equity, drive innovation, lead with excellence and serve with passion. See www.cmap.illinois.gov for more information.
What you will do…
- Direct a department of 3 managers and 20 staff
- Collaborate on strategic initiatives, the allocation of resources, implementation of CMAP’s ON TO 2050 plan, ensure compliance with federal transportation planning requirements. Collaborate on short- and long-term research agendas for CMAP’s focus areas, including transportation, environment, land use, economic development, housing, tax policy, and governance.
- Lead a talented team as they analyze large and diverse data sets, project future demand on transportation systems.
- Evaluate and recommend potential transportation investments.
- Provide actionable data to communities in the region and manage the region’s agenda of federally funded surface transportation projects.
What you will have:
- A BA / BS in planning, public administration, policy, or a related field from an accredited university, graduate degree in planning, public administration, policy, or business is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience managing public policy analysis activities and related functions including but not limited to, transportation, at a public agency, private firm, or civic organization with a close relationship to the regional transportation planning process, and a minimum of five years successful management experience of professional and managerial employees.
- Demonstrated effective professional interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications and presentations.
- Proven competence working with diverse constituencies and stakeholders.
- Proficient in highly technical functions and also able to convert technical information into concise written and verbal presentations to assist the region’s policy makers with developing solutions for complex transportation challenges.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply online at new URL. Position will remain open until filled. Interested persons are encouraged to submit resume and cover letter by November 17, 2020.
CMAP is a collaborative environment with terrific support from internal and external partners. We are a team of bright and talented professionals who work hard together and maintain a healthy work-life balance. CMAP offers a generous package of salary and benefits, including healthcare insurance, paid-time-off, and more. The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CMAP is our region’s official comprehensive planning organization. The agency and its partners are implementing ON TO 2050, our newly adopted comprehensive regional plan to help the seven counties and 284 communities of northeastern Illinois implement strategies that address transportation, housing, economic development, open space, the environment, and other quality-of-life issues. See www.cmap.illinois.gov for more information.
CMAP is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
CMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
- Certifications/Licenses and Association Dues
- Deferred Compensation (457 Plan)
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Personal Days/Floating Holidays
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation Leave
- Vision Insurance