This is a professional planning position at the North Florida Transportation Planning Organization (TPO). This position involves support and oversight of TPO transportation programs and processes, transportation planning studies and technical analysis. Work is performed under the general supervision of the TPO Executive Director.
The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility and should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including working in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
• Provides oversight for the Long Range Transportation Plan, Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), and Unified Planning Work Program
• Manages all federal transportation planning processes, including the Federal Transportation Management Area (TMA) Certification.
• Supervises TPO planning Consultants
• Works closely with member agencies to develop coordinated regional transportation plans
• Coordinates the TPO’s Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) and Technical Advisory Committee (TAC).
• Manages the TPO’s Congestion Management Process.
• Develops the TPO’s online interactive database dashboards, Geographic Information Management System (GIS) maps and annual reports.
• Manages the TPO’s efforts to use innovative and emerging technologies to collect, analyze and apply data to improve TPO efficiency.
• Serves as a point of contact for regional and local multimodal transportation studies, including serving on committees or technical groups.
• Provides project management and support to TPO Planning studies.
• Participates in TPO board meetings, including delivering presentations.
• Delivers presentations to the public and stakeholder groups.
• Interacts with the public and stakeholders, including providing information and technical assistance.
• Represents the TPO at meetings, conferences and seminars.
• Provides technical and advisory support to the TPO Executive Director.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Civil Engineering or a related field (Master’s degree is preferred). Must have four or more years of experience in transportation planning or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience. AICP certification preferred, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $100,000 – $145,000
Link to job posting: http://northfloridatpo.com/about/working-with-us