Hiring Salary between $135,000-165,000/DOQ
About the Hillsborough Transportation Planning Organization (TPO)
The Hillsborough County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), doing business as the Hillsborough TPO, is a transportation policy-making board mandated by federal and state law. The Hillsborough TPO is directly responsible for making sure federal and state dollars spent on existing and future transportation projects and programs are based on a continuing, cooperative and comprehensive transportation planning process. The Hillsborough TPO is hosted by the Hillsborough County City-County Planning Commission, who provides staff service to the TPO through interlocal agreement. Committed to meaningful public engagement throughout this process, the TPO is responsible for establishing priorities to meet short-term (next 5 years) and long-term (20+ years) multi-modal transportation needs for Tampa, Temple Terrace, Plant City and unincorporated Hillsborough County.
About the Position
The role of the Executive Director of the Hillsborough TPO is to be the primary contact with the TPO Board members, the Executive Director of the Planning Commission, constituent jurisdictions and transportation agencies, and peer MPOs in the region and state. This position is responsible for cultivating consensus around long-range strategic priorities for multimodal transportation, and for annually shaping the TPO’s work program and budget to include data analysis, community engagement, and planning tasks that support the long-range priorities. This position may work a hybrid schedule of days in the office and days remotely within a given week.
• Bachelor’s degree in urban and Regional Planning, Transportation Planning, Traffic Engineering, Geography, Public Administration, or related fields.
• Ten years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in private or public sector urban planning
• Master’s degree Urban and Regional Planning, Transportation Planning, Traffic Engineering, Geography, Public Administration, or related fields
• Membership in American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), Professional Engineer (PE) licensure, and/or certification as a Professional Transportation Planner (PTP).
• Five years of experience at an MPO or FDOT Planning function or equivalent experience.
A combination of education, training and experience may be substituted at the TPO Board’s discretion.
Link to Job Posting and to Apply (PDF): Click Here