ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• This position is responsible for the management, supervision, and administration of the day-to-day operations of the City’s planning, zoning, and urban development department.
• Trains, assigns, directs, supervises, develops, evaluates and coaches planning personnel
• Oversee the development and annual review of comprehensive plans; coordinating the selection of consultants and steering committee members and providing status reports.
• Plans, organizes and directs the activities of the City’s planning and zoning initiatives.
• Participates in the preparation of comprehensive reports based upon careful research and study of planning challenges.
*Job description available upon request or at our website – www.decaturalabamausa.com
• BS degree in Urban/Regional Planning and Development, Public Administration, or other course of study related to this occupational. Master’s degree highly desirable.
• Requires ten (10) or more years’ experience or service in a similar position.
• Requires proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe; GIS highly desirable.
• Must possess a current AICP (American Institute of Certified Planners) certification, and be willing to complete seven (7) hours of Continuing Education Courses (CEC’s) per year and one CEC on planning every three years. Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
• Residency within the Decatur city limits is highly desirable and preferred, but not required.
Link to job posting: http://www.decaturalabamausa.com