Title: Mobility Specialist
Salary Range: Hourly – $25.78 – $34.11
Monthly – $4,125 – $5,458 Annual – $49,500 – $65,500
This is a full time non-exempt professional position, including benefits, with the North Front
Range Metropolitan Planning Organization (NFRMPO). The Mobility Specialist serves as primary staff
for the RideNoCo Call Center, supports the implementation of community outreach and engagement
activities for the NFRMPO’s Mobility and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) programs, and
provides project, programmatic, and administrative support as needed for the development and
implementation of RideNoCo.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of this position and are not intended to
• Serves as primary staff for RideNoCo Call Center, assisting individuals with identifying the
best transportation options to meet their needs and providing other support regarding mobility
• Collects and enters program data such as documenting call details, transportation referrals
given, and demographic information about the caller;
• Supports community outreach and engagement activities for the NFRMPO’s Mobility and
Demand Management (TDM) programs, including but not limited to:
o RideNoCo – Assists in the development and implementation of RideNoCo’s travel training program
and other educational activities to inform riders of their transportation options;
o Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Program – Conducts business and community outreach for the
NFRMPO’s TDM program including VanGo™, informing employers and employees of transportation options,
tax benefits, and other resources to reduce travel by single occupant vehicle;
o Coordinates with planning staff on conducting outreach for short-and-long-range plans;
• Works with the Mobility Planner in the implementation of the Coordinated Plan and TDM Action
• Staffs and supports meetings of the Larimer County Mobility Committee (LCMC), Weld County
Mobility Committee (WCMC), and Northern Colorado Mobility Committee (NCMC);
• Provides project, programmatic and administrative support in the development and implementation
of RideNoCo, the NFRMPO’s One Call/One Click Center in Larimer and Weld counties;
• Responsible for supporting the administration of subrecipient reporting to CDOT and other
• Responsible for the creation and posting of content on RideNoCo social media accounts,
including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter;
• Assists the Mobility Director and Planner in working with local governments, human service
agencies and public and private transportation providers to improve coordination of transportation services by
providing technical assistance, administrative, and operational support;
• Serves as a Team representative in various settings to effectively represent the program and
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of staff.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required
to perform the necessary functions of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work independently and set workload priorities
• Knowledge of principles and practices of local government, mobility management, transportation,
and human services
• Basic knowledge of specialized areas such as transit and paratransit operations, and the
activities of local human service providers
• Strong interpersonal skills that include ability to be part of a successful team and work with
• Demonstrated customer service skills, particularly serving populations such as older adults,
individuals with disabilities, and individuals who do not speak English as a first language
• Strong computer aptitude, with skills in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new computer
• Ability to work with elected and appointed officials, human services agencies staff, and other
agency staff, as well as the general public, especially vulnerable populations such as older
adults, individuals with disabilities, lower income individuals, and people who do not speak
English as a first language.
• Demonstrated presentation skills
• Must be enthusiastic and foster genuine interest in assisting the public of the region with
their transportation needs
• Requires use of independent judgement
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in related field, minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible
experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in
transportation planning, human services, or related field preferred.
• Ability to read, write, and speak clearly in the English language
• Must have the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
• Must be able to listen and to communicate with managers, co-workers, and the general public
• Competency or fluency in Spanish is a plus
Ability to make rational decisions and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or
move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work area is a standard professional office environment with travel to other locations for
meetings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside
weather conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions of the position.
Link to Job Description (PDF): Click Here
Link to Job Posting and to Apply: Click Here