The Ozarks Transportation Organization is seeking a multimodal planner to support the short- and long-term planning functions of the Springfield, MO metropolitan planning organization. Working in a team environment, technical and non-technical work will be focused around bicycle, pedestrian, and transit planning, as well as transportation demand management and regional transportation planning. Work with committees and various community boards/organizations consisting of local, county, and state government officials and the public. This represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the Organization.
Relevant projects underway at the Ozarks Transportation Organization:
• Implementation and funding of regional trail plan, working toward 45-miles of new trail by 2045.
• Use of ArcGIS Pro to develop a trail dashboard, tracking regional trail plan progress.
• Coordinating with transit agency to complete transit optimization study.
• Working with regional employers to promote carpooling and development of employer-based ridesharing, including promotion through a periodic newsletter.
• Freight corridor planning in partnership with the Missouri Department of Transportation.
Working at the OTO: The Ozarks Transportation Organization is a professional organization that supports a high-quality work product, continuing education of its employees, and relationships with member jurisdictions, partner agencies, and the general public.
Join our professional work environment where you will be treated with respect and professionalism. Report directly to the Transportation Planning Manager. Share your ideas with a leader who is open to new concepts and making changes for the better in this innovative, agile structure.
How to Apply:
Haggerman & Associates is the human resource firm utilized by OTO to perform the human resource function for OTO. Therefore, please email your resume to:
Please direct any questions to Lynne Haggerman at:
(417) 380-1127 or (800) 864-5416 (call or text)
Any calls or emails to the office of OTO will be forwarded to Lynne at Haggerman & Associates for a timely response.
Link to Full Job Description (Word): Click Here
Link to Job Posting and How to Apply: Click Here