Emerald Coast Regional Council is one of ten regional councils in the state of Florida. For more than 55 years, ECRC has supported its seven-county region in technical assistance, economic development, and planning across a multitude of disciplines, programs, and services. ECRC team members enjoy a generous benefit package and true work/life balance as they serve the area known for community, growth, and the unrivaled beauty of the Emerald Coast.
The Emerald Coast Regional Council is seeking a Planner II. Under the supervision and guidance of the Community and Economic Development Manager, the Planner performs intermediate level professional planning work for the Emerald Coast Regional Council (ECRC). Develops planning studies and reports in support of new and updated plans, programs and regulations.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develops planning studies and reports in support of new and updated plans, programs and regulations
- Conducts research in specific or general project areas; collects a variety of statistical data
- Develops formal and technical reports, maps, and other related materials and gives presentations on topics related to assigned area of responsibility at meetings and relevant conferences/workshops
- Serves as liaison between community groups, government agencies, developers and elected officials
- Conducts review of various incoming applications and proposals related to assigned area of responsibility
- Works with organizations to develop plans, collect evaluation data, develop recommendations, and produce and implement an action plan for assigned area of responsibility
- Identifies problems, issues, and opportunities that could be mitigated through better community planning; develops long range plans
- Coordinates the efforts of public and private groups that support assigned area of responsibility to encourage continued and increased support throughout the community
- Recommends priorities, schedules, and funding sources to implement plans
- Applies for, maintains, and administers grants related to assigned area of responsibility
- May oversee the work of and provide training to consultants, interns, and lower level planners
- Schedules and conducts meetings with boards and elected officials
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related duties as assigned.)
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, architecture, public policy or related field
- Three (3) or more years’ planning experience
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Thorough knowledge of a relevant specialization such as land use, comprehensive planning, or affordable housing
- Advanced computer skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit https://www.ecrc.org/employment to obtain an application and instructions regarding submission. Candidates will not be considered until both the application and resume are received.
The ECRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ECRC provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. ECRC is a Drug Free Workplace.