Emerald Coast Regional Council is one of ten regional councils in the state of Florida. For more than 55 years, ECRC has supported its seven-county region in technical assistance, economic development, and planning across a multitude of disciplines, programs, and services. ECRC team members enjoy a generous benefit package and true work/life balance as they serve the area known for community, growth, and the unrivaled beauty of the Emerald Coast.
The Emerald Coast Regional Council is seeking a Planner III. Under the supervision and guidance of the Community and Economic Development Manager, the Planner performs senior level and experienced professional planning work for the Emerald Coast Regional Council (ECRC). Develops planning studies and reports in support of new and updated plans, programs and regulations.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Performs advanced professional work and professional planning assistance to member communities on projects related to assigned area of responsibility
• Manages complex planning studies and development applications; reviews consultant proposals
• Receives, reviews, and may prepare monthly progress reports and invoices for projects related to assigned area of responsibility
• Develops project budgets, administers bidding process, and verifies contract expenditures and compliance
• Develops plans, studies and analyses on regional basis related to assigned area of responsibility
• Researches grant programs and writes or reviews final grants related to assigned area of responsibility; maintains reports and financial accounting for grant funded projects
• Oversees specialized planning functions such as large-scale new development proposals and environmental studies
• Serves as liaison between community groups, government agencies, developers and elected officials
• Identifies problems, issues, and opportunities that could be mitigated through better community planning; develops long range plans
• Coordinates the efforts of public and private groups that support assigned area of responsibility to encourage continued and increased support throughout the community
• Presents reports and other findings to staff, boards, and councils related to assigned area of responsibility
• May oversee the work of and provide training to consultants, interns, and lower-level planners
• Conducts research and prepares statistical reports related to assigned area of responsibility
• Reviews and processes complex plan amendments and related documents
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related duties as assigned.)
• Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, architecture, public policy or related field
• Five (5) or more years’ planning experience
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
• Advanced knowledge of a relevant specialization in economic development such as comprehensive plans, land use, environmental, or disaster planning
• Advanced computer skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit https://www.ecrc.org/employment to obtain an application and instructions regarding submission. Candidates will not be considered until both the application and resume are received.
The ECRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ECRC provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. ECRC is a Drug Free Workplace.