Emerald Coast Regional Council is one of ten regional councils in the state of Florida. For more than 55 years, ECRC has supported its seven-county region in technical assistance, economic development, and planning across a multitude of disciplines, programs, and services. ECRC team members enjoy a generous benefit package and true work/life balance as they serve the area known for community, growth, and the unrivaled beauty of the Emerald Coast.
The Emerald Coast Regional Council is seeking a high-level technical Planner IV. Under the supervision and guidance of the Community and Economic Development Manager, this position performs seasoned-level professional urban and transportation planning work and develops planning studies and reports in support of new and updated plans, programs and regulations.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs and manages complex and sensitive professional planning projects
- Develops plans, studies and data-based analyses on regional basis related to assigned area of responsibility
- Prepares reports to evaluate activities related to programs; recommends improvements and modifications
- Participates in budget preparation and administration; monitors and controls expenditures
- Serves as liaison between community groups, government agencies, developers and elected officials; advises various councils, boards, commissions and elected officials in planning-related issues
- Oversees specialized planning functions such as large-scale new development proposals and comprehensive plan development and updates
- Attends meetings related to area of responsibility to serve as a representative of the agency (may include evenings and weekends)
- Provides overall management to specific programs and organizations; may assign work to or direct professional staff and provide appropriate programmatic training as needed
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related duties as assigned.)
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, architecture, public policy or related field
- Eight (8) or more years’ planning experience
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Advanced computer skills
- REMI/Economic modeling experience
- GIS experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit https://www.ecrc.org/employment to obtain an application and instructions regarding submission. Candidates will not be considered until both the application and resume are received.
The ECRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ECRC provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. ECRC is a Drug Free Workplace