The City of Lexington is seeking a full time transportation planning manager within the Division of Planning. The transportation section is responsible for all aspects of highway and transit planning, including the Lexington Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), long range transportation planning, the Transportation Improvement Program, congestion management, and bicycle and pedestrian planning. The responsibility of the manager is to plan, direct, lead, and manage all staff and programs within the section and assist the Director of Planning to accomplish tasks through problem solving and managing specific projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or physical planning, public administration, geography, architecture, landscape architecture, or a related field; and, a minimum of eight (8) years of progressive and varied planning experience; or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- AICP Certification is preferred.
- Manages an MPO, which includes leading a staff of 8 and complying with all Federal and State regulations related to MPOs.
- Coordinates and manages Federal and State transportation grants.
- Supervises and directs subordinates to ensure completion of projects and tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinates transportation planning services with other divisions to help achieve long term plans.
- Designs, oversees, and organizes implementation of plans relevant to a specified project.
- Attends and leads meetings, workshops, and conferences to help establish and carry out plans.
- Provides various administrative duties including procurement, establishing policies, and creating methods to achieve plans.
- Develops, modifies, and amends documents and plans as needed.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of enforcement strategies to determine the best approaches.
- Represents the Division of Planning at Council, Transportation Policy Committee, Planning Commission, and Board of Adjustment hearings and meetings, LFUCG committees, and other special projects or planning activities.
Link to posting: https://www.lexingtonky.gov/jobs