Salary: $58,349.50 – $97.180.50 Apply with this link: Click Here
The Procurement Associate is a professional administrative position within the Finance & Operations department, responsible for the acquisition of goods and services in compliance with the Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) procurement rules, policies and procedures; applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws; and aligned with the objectives of program grants and Agency strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Uses innovative and efficient administrative procurement strategies and tools to meet Broward MPO’s mission and strategic goals.
•Ensure that acquisitions of goods and services are consistent with the Broward MPO Procurement Rules, procedures, policies, including, but not limited to Disadvantaged Business Enterprise/Small Business Enterprise, and are compliant with applicable regulations and laws and aligned with the objectives of program grants and Agency strategy.
•Works with MPO staff to prepare, distribute/publish, receive, analyze, and award procurement solicitations that are compliant with Agency policies and applicable regulations and laws.
•Manages the various procurement processes, including, but not limited to, initial procurement requests, advertising, holding meetings, ranking of firms, negotiations, and notices to proceed.
•Coordinates with MPO’s General Counsel as needed for contract development and review and other contractual matters.
•Assists staff in preparation of Board materials related to approval of contractual commitments.
•Distributes contracts for execution.
•Maintains library of contracts and related materials according to the Agency’s record retention schedule.
•Investigates and responds to procurement challenges.
•Prepares surplus documentation.
•Analyze and prepare periodic reports of contract balances and other information as requested.
•Maintains records to support the Agency’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goalsand reporting.
•Builds strong working relationships with professional services vendors and contractors.
•May assist with data entry for Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and close-outs.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationship with FDOT, FHWA and FTA staff responsible for funding local projects.
• Provides technical support and instruction regarding applicable procurement procedures and methods, rules, and regulations.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in public administration, accounting, business administration, finance or related field plus two (2) years of progressively responsible experience.
• A master’s degree may be substituted for one (1) year of professional experience; or
• Any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job may serve as a substitute at the discretion of the MPO.
Licenses and/or Certificates:
• Possession of and ability to maintain a valid State of Florida Driver’s License
• Other qualifications as appropriate or ability to learn.
• Possession of or ability to obtain within two (2) years the professional procurement certification as a CPPB or other equivalent professional certification.
Use this link to Apply: Click Here
Link to Job Description and How to Apply (PDF): Click Here