The Rockingham Planning Commission has an immediate opening for a well-qualified and motivated Transportation/GIS analyst. This is a permanent full-time position responsible for collecting, managing, analyzing and reporting transportation systems data, and also for developing, maintaining and utilizing spatial data and GIS to support transportation and land use planning projects. Data collection responsibilities include transportation system inventories, traffic volumes, land use and land cover data sets and others. GIS related responsibilities include building and maintaining GIS datasets, maps, models, and reports. The person in this position will also assist in the maintenance and utilization of the region’s travel demand model for projecting future traffic conditions and to support air quality analyses.
The successful candidate will be well organized, detail-oriented and have familiarity and interest in a variety of transportation, land use or resource planning subjects and meet these additional qualifications:
• Be proficient in data management, including compiling, importing, reviewing, editing, and checking GIS, transportation, and other data from a variety of sources;
• Be effective in analyzing spatial information and communicating that information;
• Have a keen sense of document composition and aesthetics in documents and map design;
• Have a strong ability to both work independently and collaboratively and to interact effectively with state, regional and municipal agency staff;
• Have completed at minimum a bachelor’s degree in transportation planning, engineering, geography, geospatial sciences or other allied technical discipline, as well as proficiency in GIS and data management or analysis;
• Extensive experience with ESRI ArcGIS (Desktop, Pro);
• Experience developing ArcGIS Online web maps, dashboards, and surveys;
• Have a minimum of two years of full-time experience, or equivalent, including workplace experience in using GIS technologies (For the purposes of meeting minimum qualifications, a master’s degree may be counted as one year of required experience.)
The Rockingham Planning Commission is a regional planning commission and metropolitan planning organization (MPO) covering the seacoast region of New Hampshire, including 27 municipalities. The agency maintains an office in Exeter New Hampshire, has a full-time staff of nine and offers a friendly, supportive working environment with competitive salary and benefits. Starting salary for this position will be between $55,000 and $65,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be considered, please submit a letter of interest and resume by email to Annette Pettengill, Business Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to job posting: https://www.therpc.org/employment