The North Central Texas Council of Governments Transportation Department is seeking a mid-level Transportation Planner to promote considerations of the natural environment and social equity during transportation planning.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to carryout assigned tasks that will assist the team in completing projects that may include:
• Developing narrative content and running Geographic Information Systems environmental analyses for the long-range transportation plan that concisely meet federal requirements
• Composing presentations and correspondence to support engagement of local government and regulatory stakeholders to identify how NCTCOG’s Regional Ecosystem Framework could be updated to increase its use and relevance to transportation planning
• Analyzing impacts that planned roadway corridors may have on the natural environment and environmental justice communities and drafting content to include in studies and grant applications
• Supporting development of methods to incorporate natural environment and equity performance metrics when selecting and prioritizing transportation projects
• Studying elements of environmentally friendly roadway design and collaborating with a team to draft written recommendations
• Additional tasks as needed
Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/.
To be considered for the Transportation Planer III position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
NCTCOG is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility, and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
Click here to link to job posting.
Click here to apply.