Belomar Regional Council located in Wheeling, West Virginia, is looking for an experienced professional to fill the position of Transportation Planning Director. This position supervises and directs the development of transportation plans, studies and programs.
• Prepare and update Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Multi-Modal Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP); Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and Annual Unified Work Program (UWP).
• Complete work identified in the annual work program and prepare annual work program completion report.
• Prepare and revise biennial TIP.
• Supervise professional staff.
• Provide direction for acquisition, maintenance and enhancement of databases used in transportation planning.
• Work with all stakeholders, including general public, elected and appointed officials and personnel from local, state and federal government.
• Administer sub-allocated funds received from ODOT and WVDOT.
• Coordinate with the Transit Authorities in the preparation of UWP, TIP, and LRTP.
• Participate in the economic development activities in the region.
• Incorporate performance planning and timely adoption of performance measure targets.
• All other work deemed necessary as part of the performance-based transportation planning or as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in planning or engineering or a related field is required.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in transportation planning is desirable. Preference will be given to candidates with MPO experience.
• Ability to manage, motivate and direct professional staff.
• Written and oral communication skills to interact with general public and public officials.
• Ability to simplify complex concepts for presentation to general public, board and committees.
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
• Digital skills necessary to prepare and interpret technical reports.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Deadline for the first set of resumes is November 30, 2023. Please send resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Job Type: In office.
Link to Job Description (PDF): Click Here