WAMPO, Wichita Area Metropolitan Planning Organization, is seeking to fill the position of Transportation Planning Manager. This position is responsible for managing WAMPO’s transportation plans and studies.
Duties: Typical tasks and duties of a Transportation Planning Manager may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage the development of MPO Plans and studies
• Assist in the development of long-range metropolitan transportation plan (MTP) & short- range transportation plan (TIP – Transportation Improvement Program), and UPWP (Unified Planning Work Program)
• Manage data maintenance through Geographical Information Systems (GIS) databases.
• Manage the development of Coordinated Public Transit – Human Services Transportation Plan.
• Manage the development of Public Participation Plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Technical report writing skills
• Knowledge of the principles of planning, or engineering
• Knowledge of computer applications is a plus, that is applicable to transportation system modeling and analysis. Programming language skills a plus.
• Ability to effectively present results of research and technical analyses in oral, written and graphic form.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, planning officials, and the general public. Ability to maintain integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of WAMPO.
• Experience with federal requirements and the project development, management and funding processes, related to the regional transportation system.
• Demonstrated supervisory experience in a variety of projects and initiatives.
• Proven ability to manage, motivate, mentor, plan, and direct professional staff.
• Certified Planner (AICP) or registered Professional Engineer (PE) strongly preferred.
• Ability to collaborate with stakeholders. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, planning and elected officials and the general public.
Experience & Training
• A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible professional experience in transportation, community and/or regional planning, or transportation/civil engineering, including at least three years in a supervisory or similar administrative capacity, and a Master’s degree in city or regional planning or a related field preferred. MPO experience a plus.
Competitive Salary & Benefits offered.
Position Open until filled. First set of applications reviews/interviews starting in October 2023, for the applications received by September 30, 2023. For more information please visit www.wampo.org
To apply: Please send your resume, salary history, and references to Chad.Parasa@wampo.org
Job Type: In office.
Link to Job Description (PDF): Click Here
Link to Job Posting and to Apply: Click Here