The Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments (AVCOG) is seeking a Transportation Planning/ Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Director. This position is located in Auburn, Maine.
The Transportation Planning/MPO Director oversees AVCOG’s transportation planning programs and staff, serves as the Director of the Androscoggin Transportation Resource Center (ATRC), the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) which comprises four communities and approximately 76,000 people, and other duties as assigned. The Director is responsible for maintaining a regional multi-modal transportation planning process for the MPO in compliance with federal requirements. This includes five major areas of responsibility: coordinate the regional transportation planning and programming process, administer annual work programs and contracts, perform and oversee planning studies, supervise ATRC staff, and work with ATRC committees. The Director works with other relevant agencies to identify needs, evaluate options and select strategies to manage, preserve and improve ATRC’s transportation network.
• Bachelor’s degree in transportation, urban or regional planning; engineering; public administration; or related field;
• Strong knowledge of relevant transportation programs at the Federal, State, and Local levels;
• Strong analytic and written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently;
• Ability to manage one’s own time and work in a team environment;
• Ability to participate, and lead, meetings – both virtual and in-person;
• Minimum five years’ experience in the transportation planning or engineering field;
• Valid driver’s license and a reliable motor vehicle.
Additional desirable skills/qualifications:
• Professional Engineer license beneficial
• MS Office and ESRI ArcGIS experience
• Previous supervisory experience
AVCOG is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits to include medical insurance, health savings account with company contribution, health reimbursement account with deductible reimbursement; dental and vision insurance; life and voluntary disability insurance; medical and dependent care flexible spending; member of Maine Public Employees Retirement System; paid time off including vacation and sick time, 13 paid holidays; flexible schedule with 37 ½ hour workweek.
Applicants should submit their resume, minimum salary requirements and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments
125 Manley Road
Auburn, ME 04210
Equal Opportunity Employer
Link to Job Posting: Click Here