The consultant will review existing traffic conditions and forecast growth in vehicular and nonmotorized travel. In general, the study will manage, guide and design a transportation network that accommodates multimodal travel, preserves right-of-way, improves connectivity, optimizes circulation, considers parking and access, and accommodates growth. The study shall conclude with a final report that provides specific recommended upgrades to the transportation network including:
• Which intersections should be signalized/unsignalized;
• A detailed proposal for a street network of one-way or two-way streets;
• Forecasted levels of service on the proposed network;
• Improvements to be made to infrastructure to accommodate emerging technology; and
• A phased implementation plan to prioritize improvements.
Respondents to this RFQ are encouraged to assemble a broad-based team of consultants that have demonstrable experience and skill in similar transportation studies. Proposers are invited to submit demonstrated competence and qualifications of their ability to provide these services. The information contained within this document is intended to provide interested firms or individuals with the requirements and criteria that will be used to make the selection.