AMPO is exploring the development of a new working group focused on freight. The group will seek to build capacity amongst MPOs and advance the state of freight planning. Emerging technology and consumer preference is fundamentally changing how the movement of goods is impacting metropolitan areas. As a result, freight planning has become a critical element of the metropolitan transportation planning process. Focus areas to be addressed include, but are not limited to, data, ITS, intermodal connectivity, parking, and bicycle/pedestrian integration.
The group will provide a forum for peer exchange and sharing of freight planning best practices, guidance, and resources that support:
- Integrating freight planning into the metropolitan planning process;
- Coordinating with a diverse group of multi-jurisdictional policymakers and stakeholders;
- Developing public involvement strategies, techniques, and methods to meet the diverse needs of MPO stakeholders, projects, programs, and activities;
- Identifying opportunities, challenges, needs, and emerging issues in freight planning and goods movement; and
- Communicating and sharing best practices, guidance, resources, and activities with other AMPO committees and at AMPO events, as appropriate.
- Caitlin Cook: email@example.com or 202-624-3683