Accountant – Northern Colorado
The North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization (NFRMPO) office, located in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado is seeking a highly skilled professional for the position of Accountant. The NFRMPO is a federally designated transportation planning organization and a state-designated air quality planning agency. The NFRMPO does work on behalf of 15-member governments and over 500,000 residents.
The Accountant provides essential services by performing a variety of complex accounting duties as needed to generate, record, reconcile, and monitor transactions related to payroll and benefits, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, grant management and cash management for the NFRMPO (MPO). Position coordinates financial activities to implement the organization’s mission, vision, and objectives for the successful operation of the MPO. Works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and coordinates with the MPO’s Accounting Consultants. This position is newly structured and can be tailored to the ideal candidate’s skill level and career pursuits.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Associates degree and a minimum of three (3) years related governmental accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Advance Excel knowledge is required.
• Working knowledge of MS Dynamics (Great Plains) software preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Experience in governmental accounting, budgeting, finance, payroll, pension plan, and investment laws, regulations, and principles
• Expertise and knowledge of standard office software including word processing, spreadsheets, and data base and general office equipment.
• Expertise and demonstrated ability in accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in all accounting and payroll functions
• Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with citizens, customers, other government agencies, and staff
• Ability to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment.
• Understanding of Governmental Accounting Standard Board (GASB) pronouncements and interpretations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including grammar and editing skills.
• Good customer relations skills.
• Knowledge of the organization’s goals, objectives polices and services. • Works effectively with internal and external customers/clients to satisfy service and product expectations and ensure the effectiveness of the organization.
• Employee’s work behaviors demonstrate responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall goals and mission of the organization.
The salary range of the position is $22.60 – $33.59 hourly, commensurate with the qualifications of the selected candidate. This is a full-time position and includes NFRMPO benefits. The NFRMPO has a hybrid work environment that allows employees to work from the office and home. A full description of the Accountant position as well as an employment application, can be found here: https://nfrmpo.org/jobs
Please email completed applications and resumes to Barbara Bills, Office Administrator at email@example.com.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.