REPORTS TO: Deputy Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB OPEN DATE: October 19, 2020
JOB CLOSE DATE: November 5, 2020
Under the general guidance of the Deputy Executive Director, the Operations and Data Services Program Manager administers portion of the regional planning process related to operations to include but not limited to incident management, safety analysis, Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) activities, transportation data (Big data) maintenance and analysis, Travel Demand Management, and intelligent/autonomous vehicles. Assists with public outreach activities related to program function, manages corridor studies and performs other duties as assigned.
Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
The list of essential functions as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this job description. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Providing highly responsible support to the Executive Director, Deputy Executive
Director, CAMPO Transportation Policy Board (TPB), Technical Advisory Committee
(TAC) and its subcommittees and assistance in the implementation of recommended
policies as directed;
• Assisting in the development and maintenance of relevant portions of the Unified
Planning Work Program, the Regional Transportation Plan; the Transportation
Improvement Program; and ensuring that assigned projects are carried out accurately and on a timely basis;
• Overseeing the organization’s performance and participation in short- and long-range studies concerning the planning of transportation facilities and services and their impact on the study area’s transportation network, land use, and air quality;
• Representing CAMPO throughout the study area to assist the local governments as
needed and providing technical expertise on planning issues to the public and partner agencies; 2
• Maintaining current knowledge in transportation planning developments and strategies, public policy, and legislation related to regional transportation planning issues;
• Performing personnel related duties in conjunction with the Human Resources Generalist, or/and Deputy Executive Director including, but not limited to, assigning and directing work, writing performance plans, appraising performance, developing and training, counseling, rewarding and disciplining, handling complaints and grievances, reviewing time reports, and recommending the hiring, termination, and promotion of subordinates and other supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws;
• Performing other duties as assigned
Responsibilities – Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
Provides leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training recommendations, and guidance to
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and ability to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, methods, and practices of cooperative, continuous, and comprehensive transportation planning;
• Demonstrated knowledge of local, regional, state, and federal transportation planning, including but not limited to, finance, environmental issues, and applicable state and federal legislative functions as they are applied in Texas;
• Skills in project management and concepts;
• Knowledge of marketing principles and concepts;
• Knowledge of and experience applying statistical analysis tools and concepts;
• Skill in the use of office software including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation development (preferably Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
• Skill in writing and presenting including the proficiency to synthesize and present
complex technical material in non-technical terms to a variety of audiences;
• Ability to work with minimal direct supervision and be able to meet assignment
• Ability to collect, research, analyze and input data, make informed professional
recommendations and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while maintaining a
• Ability to develop innovative approaches and ideas;
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, address competing demands, delays or unexpected situations, prioritize multiple tasks, complete tasks on time and respond in a timely manner to requests for service and assistance;
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, technical committees, policy board, partner agencies, public officials and the general public;
• Ability to work well in group problem solving environment including sharing expertise 3 and training others;
• Ability to show respect and sensitivity for diversity of thought, education and cultural makeup of staff and community;
• A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in public sector data and technical analysis; At least two 2 years of that experience should be at an MPO with a regional population of at least 1 million;
• Experience working on transportation policy at the state and local levels highly desired;
• Knowledge of local government budgeting processes desired;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strong and effective working relationships with elected officials, transportation agencies, public stakeholders;
• Experience managing transportation consultant contracts; and
• Strong technical and analytical skills and their application in transportation planning.
A Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning required.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
• A valid Texas driver’s license is required.
• American Institute of Certified Planners preferred.
Hiring range is $75,000 to $85,000 annually (DOQ). CAMPO provides generous employee benefits including health insurance, a retirement pension, flexible work hours, the ability to telecommute, and transit passes for official business.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Mr. Chad McKeown, Deputy Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAMPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, CAMPO provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. CAMPO is a Drug Free & Tobacco Free Workplace.
Link to job posting: https://www.campotexas.org
Link to apply: https://www.campotexas.org/job-openings/