Summary: The City of Bismarck is seeking a Principal Transportation Planner for the Community Development department. The Principal Transportation Planner position is responsible for overseeing the administration and implementation of the transportation planning program and the management of the Transportation Planning Division.
Hiring Range: $70,609.95 – $79,436.21 Closing Date: 10/12/2020
Description: This position is responsible for overseeing the administration and implementation of the transportation planning program and the management of the Transportation Planning Division.
Major duties include the following:
• Coordinates, oversees, and evaluates the activities, programs, and services of the Transportation Planning Division.
• Directs, supervises, administers and supports the activities, programs, and services of division staff; prioritizes, assigns, and reviews work; trains
and coaches staff; makes hiring and termination recommendations; conducts performance evaluations.
• Develops federally mandated MPO documents and reports.
• Coordinates the preparation, maintenance and updating of the Long Range Transportation Plan.
• Serves as Executive Director of the Bismarck-Mandan MPO.
• Develops new transit grant applications; manages grant funds; prepares grant reports; ensures program compliance with grant requirements.
• Assists in the administration of the local transit system and acts as a liaison between the city and the transit system.
• Prepares and coordinates MPO-related funding applications and budgets.
• Answers inquiries
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct
and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require five years of related experience.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North Dakota for the type of vehicle or equipment
Special Requirements: The qualified candidate will need to be able to effectively build and maintain consensus among multiple jurisdictional partners.
Miscellaneous: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. No sponsorships considered. Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks. The City of Bismarck is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For details and to apply online: www.bismarcknd.gov/jobs
Questions? Call: Breann Schauer at 701.355.1337 or email@example.com
The City of Bismarck is an Equal Opportunity Employer