Salary Range: $65,725 – $98,588
First Review of Applications: Monday, October 10, 2022 (open until filled)
Role and Responsibilities
SEMCOG (EOE) is seeking an organized and innovative Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) Coordinator to join the Transportation Planning and Programming team. The RTP Coordinator, reporting to the Manager of Transportation Planning and Programming, coordinates the development, management, and implementation of the RTP, which serves as the region’s guiding policy document for transportation investment. As the designated MPO for Southeast Michigan, SEMCOG develops a RTP every five years to account for changes in transportation needs that result from shifts in regional economic conditions, real estate development trends, funding availability, and public policies.
The RTP Coordinator works closely with MDOT and transportation planning partners and stakeholders for policy development and implementation, public outreach, performance measure integration, staff coordination, document production, and regional coordination of planning and projects. Researches, prepares, and delivers presentations on transportation and mobility related topics to a wide variety of partner organizations. This will include a focus on inclusivity to ensure meeting the vision, All people in Southeast Michigan benefit from a connected, thriving region of small towns, dynamic urban centers, active waterfronts, diverse neighborhoods, premier educational institutions, and abundant agricultural, recreational and natural areas.
The RTP Coordinator presents technical planning work and policy implications to national, state, regional and local community leaders, planning partners, and the media. Engages in public outreach with community leaders, and meets with communities, Federal Aid Committees, and transportation organizations to understand expectations of current and future projects. The ideal candidate possesses strong project management skills, extensive knowledge of transportation planning, and is an experienced collaborator in the development and implementation of regional plans.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Urban Planning, Transportation Engineering, or a related field.
• At least three (3) to five (5) years of experience managing the completion of a local, regional, or state plan or project.
• Previous experience working with transportation planning projects, metropolitan transportation plans. GIS experience and knowledge of ESRI products desirable.
• Working experience with FHWA, FTA, MDOT and Local Government agencies, partners, private sector, and/or regional leaders.
• Experienced in understanding trends and issues in regional and transportation planning to lead RTP development initiatives.
SEMCOG offers an exciting mix of benefits!
• Flex time (Core work hours: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm)
• Hybrid Work Environment (A blend of virtual and on-site work. Michigan residency required.)
• Ten paid holidays and 25.5 accrued PTO days annually
• Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, FSA/Dependent Care, Life/AD&D, Short- and Long-term Disability benefits eligibility upon hire
• Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, and 457 Deferred Compensation Retirement benefits
• Tuition Assistance program
• Transit or parking assistance when working onsite
Link to Job Posting: Click Here