Houston-Galveston Area Council
A conference attendee from this organization will be available to discuss this position with interested parties
Location: Houston, Texas/Hybrid
Employment Duration: Full time
Salary Range: $48,278.00 – $96,720.00
Job description: About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
• Joining the Regional Planning Team and growing your skills by assisting the team who concentrate on the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP), Subregional Planning including small area, corridor and major thoroughfare planning, Resiliency Planning and Freight Planning.
• Assisting with transportation planning projects that improve mobility, safety, and multimodal connections throughout the region.
• Developing project scope of work, budget, and timeline
• Working in project teams including internal and/or external team members
• Analyzing data using tools such as excel, ArcGIS, and other programs.
• Developing and/or reviewing report content and project recommendations
• Assisting and coordinating stakeholder and public involvement
• Basic understand of transportation planning principles.
• Experience in development and execution of sub-regional, corridor, and access management planning
• Experience with ArcGIS
• Experience with stakeholder and public engagement
• Experience in making presentations to committees
• Strong communication and presentation skills
Do you have…
• Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
• 3 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties