A conference attendee from this organization will be available to discuss this position with interested parties
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Job description: Transportation Planner—MPO: This is a Transportation Planning position focused primarily on long range multi-modal transportation planning which supports the core functions of the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO).
• The applicant should have a strong understanding of state and federal legislation as related to MPO planning.
• Previous experience with grant writing.
• Project management and consultant management experience is highly desired.
• The application should have a strong skill set with data collection, data analysis and GIS mapping and should be able to relay complicated data sets to a variety of audiences both technical and non-technical.
• The incumbent will actively coordinate the development of traffic impact studies for a wide range of development proposals, analyze study findings, and present recommendations to the Commission.
• The employee will also be an integral player in developing the multi modal Metropolitan Transportation Plan, Congestion management Process and the Non-Motorized Plan.
• The employee may participate or manage innovative corridor, area and multimodal transportation studies.
• The employee will serve as staff lead for the MPO’s multi modal functions including transit and non-motorized planning activities.
• Previous experience with sustainability and resilience planning is desired.
• The position involves interacting effectively with government and private sector agencies, developers, private consultants and the general public, as well as working cooperatively with other professionals on project teams.
This position requires both excellent technical analysis abilities and an understanding of the planning process to advance the MPO’s initiatives. A Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Master’s Degree or extensive experience is preferred. Candidate should have a degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, or a closely related field and three (3) years of work experience in traffic engineering or transportation planning, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and public presentation skills are essential. GIS skills are preferred.
Send resume and cover letter to: Pamela Everett, Assistant Executive Director Compliance & Operations, Chatham County-Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission, P. O. Box 8246, Savannah, GA 31412-8246; phone: 912-651-1440; fax: 912-335-5922; or email: email@example.com with the following subject line: Transportation Planner—MPO.
MPC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F/H