The AMPO Public Involvement Working Group supports public involvement in metropolitan transportation planning that meets federal requirements and strengthens the delivery and stewardship of programs, projects, and the transportation system.
Provide a forum for communications and sharing of public involvement best practices, guidance, and resources that support:
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) in meeting federal requirements related to public involvement.
- MPOs in efficiently integrating public involvement into their programs, projects, and activities in a way that uses resources effectively.
- Public involvement practices that build public trust and relationships, and gain participation from a diverse group of stakeholders.
- The use of a wide range of public involvement strategies, techniques, and methods to meet the diverse needs of MPO stakeholders, projects, programs, and activities.
Identify opportunities, challenges, needs, and emerging issues in public involvement. Communicate and share best practices, guidance, resources, and activities with other AMPO committees and at AMPO events, as appropriate.
Public Involvement Discussion Forum
Join the Public Involvement Working Group leadership team and its members on the My AMPO discussion forum. Click My AMPO on the top right side of this page and log in to join the discussion. If you have any questions, click the how-to instructions below.
- Amanda Wilson, North Central Texas Council of Governments
- Helen Wiles, Dover/Kent MPO
- Caitlin Cook: firstname.lastname@example.org