The North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization (NFRMPO) office, located in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado is seeking a highly skilled professional for the position of Accounting Manager. The NFRMPO is a federally designated transportation planning organization and a state-designated air quality planning agency. The NFRMPO does work on behalf of 15-member governments and over 500,000 residents.
The Accounting Manager directs and manages budgeting, accounting and purchasing by implementing MPO policies and procedures consistent with objectives established for the administration and operation of the MPO and its regional services, provides budget and contract review, and ensures the financial integrity of the organization. The Accounting Manager is part of management team for the organization and reports to the Executive Director.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university, plus a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in related accounting, financial and project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Public sector and supervisory experience highly desirable
• CPA, CPFO or CGFM preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability in governmental accounting, budgeting, finance, payroll, pension plans, and investment laws, regulations, and principles
• Understands Uniform Grant Guidance and cost principles for federal grants.
• Understands General Accounting Procedures (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standard Board (GASB) pronouncements and interpretations.
• Knowledge of business management practices.
• Skilled in advanced accounting principles and internal control systems design.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision; perform statistical and financial analysis; and exercise independent judgment in organizing, prioritizing, and problem solving.
• Supervisory skills in managing personnel, clientele, and customer relations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface effectively with MPO staff, customers, other government agencies, elected officials, and the public.
• Demonstrated computer literacy and experience with spreadsheets, word processing, payroll, general ledger, and other computer software packages.
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret contracts, ordinances, regulations, and procedures.
The salary range of the position is $34.06- $53.23 hourly, commensurate with the qualifications of the selected candidate.
A full description of the Accounting Manager position as well as an employment application, can be found here: http://nfrmpo.org/jobs.
Please email completed applications and resumes to Renae Steffen, Administrative Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED