Location: Alexandria, LA
Compensation: $38,000 – $60,000 Annual Salary Based Upon Qualifications and Experience; Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance (full employer premium contribution); up to 3% annual salary match of employee IRA contribution
Employee Type: Full Time
Industry: Government, Non-Profit
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Government, Planning
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Planning, Public Administration, or Other with relevant experience
Experience: Entry Level Eligible; 3-5 years of planning, grant/project management, travel demand modeling, and GIS development preferred
Relocation Covered: No
Notice: This position is associated with the Alexandria/Pineville Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), which is under the Transportation Division of the Rapides Area Planning Commission (RAPC).
Kathy Powell, Office Manager
Phone: 318.487.5401 x15
Job duties for this position will include
- Management of the Travel Demand Management Program;
- Management of the Regional Human Services Coordination Program and the Central Louisiana Coordinated Transportation Coalition;
- Development of the Metropolitan Transportation Plan; specifically Travel Demand Modeling using TransCAD software, GIS data development and analysis, technical writing, and graphics development;
- Assisting with several special projects including the Metropolitan Planning Area Stormwater Study/Model, the Central Louisiana Beltway Feasibility Study, ATRANS Service and Asset Study, Regional Transit Authority Study, Rock Island Greenway Study, Virtual Public Involvement Model, and the Metro Bike/Ped Plan as well as pursuing funding opportunities for implementation of projects listed in each;
- Assistance in the development of programs relative to and grant applications for EPA, USDA, EDA, DRA, DOT, and other federal or state funding opportunities with potential to provide solutions to identified community issues across our central Louisiana service area. Program development will include required reporting, financial management, vendor procurement, and management of consultants when necessary;
- Assisting with other special projects as assigned by the transportation director.
Candidate skills should include excellent written and oral communication, a positive interactive personality, a high degree of knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat and/or comparable software; TransCAD development and manipulation; general planning knowledge coupled with focused transportation planning knowledge. The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and/or proposals simultaneously and be able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgement, and produce quality work within tight time constraints. Previous experience should demonstrate a proven track record of effective program development and project management. RAPC is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, references, and work portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Transportation Planner Position”