Emerald Coast Regional Council is one of ten regional councils in the state of Florida. For more than 55 years, ECRC has supported its seven-county region in technical assistance, economic development, and planning across a multitude of disciplines, programs, and services. ECRC team members enjoy a generous benefit package and true work/life balance as they serve the area known for community, growth, and the unrivaled beauty of the Emerald Coast.
The Emerald Coast Regional Council is seeking a Planner I. Under the supervision and guidance of the Community and Economic Development Manager, the Planner I performs entry level professional planning work for the Emerald Coast Regional Council (ECRC). Develops planning studies and reports in support of new and updated plans, programs and regulations.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develops planning studies and reports in support of new and updated plans, programs and regulations
- Collects a variety of statistical data and prepares reports and maps on topics related to area of responsibility; may conduct other related research and analysis
- Attends meetings related to area of responsibility to serve as a representative of the agency (may include evenings and weekends)
- Serves as support staff for community groups, government agencies, developers and elected officials
- Provides technical assistance via email, telephone, and in person to organizations seeking help on issues related to assigned area of responsibility
- Assists in planning projects, workshops, and events related to assigned area of responsibility
- Contributes to monthly newsletters, periodic reports, and agency annual reports
- May conduct field evaluations and assessments related to area of responsibility
- Provides staff support to local boards related to assigned area of responsibility
- Provides information to the public related to area of responsibility
- Assists in the review of a variety of proposals and plans
- Researches and drafts grant applications
- Coordinates meetings
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related duties as assigned.)
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, architecture, public policy or related field
- Some planning experience
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Thorough knowledge of a relevant specialization such as land use, comprehensive planning, or affordable housing
- Advanced computer skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit https://www.ecrc.org/employment to obtain an application and instructions regarding submission. Candidates will not be considered until both the application and resume are received.
The ECRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ECRC provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. ECRC is a Drug Free Workplace.