The Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission, the nationally regarded regional planning agency for the seven county greater Milwaukee area, and the designated Metropolitan Planning Organization for the five urbanized areas within Southeastern Wisconsin, has an immediate opening for a Senior Transportation Engineer or Planner with an interest in transportation and traffic engineering and planning. The Commission is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our diverse team of planners, engineers and specialists focused on addressing issues that transcend the political boundaries and fiscal capabilities of individual communities. This individual will be a key staff member working in the Transportation Division to conduct and assist in preparing plans, reports, analyses, and data visualization.
Are you passionate about collaborating with colleagues and partners to educate the public about best-in-class research to protect our Region’s future? The Commission provides this and other opportunities to lead energizing work by ensuring that the Region is providing economic, environmental, and social value now and in the future. Our team of ~70 staff with a wide range of expertise is focused on continuously improving the quality of life for the Region.
Current Major Projects Involving this Role:
• A review and update of VISION 2050, the Region’s long-range land use and transportation plan
• A multi-modal transportation system plan for Milwaukee County
• Transportation Improvement Program
• US EPA Climate Pollution Reduction Grant project
• Prepare traffic/transportation analyses.
• Prepare transportation plans.
• Prepare a short-range transportation improvement program.
• Evaluate and Prioritize projects for various Federal funding sources.
• Assist local units of government in the areas of traffic impact and transportation planning studies.
• A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or planning, with an emphasis in transportation and/or traffic engineering, and at least 5 years of relevant experience
• A master’s degree or current professional engineer registration preferred
• Experience with written and oral communication
• Ability to work within and contribute to a team structure with diverse groups of individuals in diverse environments
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Experience with traffic analysis and planning software (such as Highway Capacity Software), AutoCAD, Cube, ArcGIS, and database applications preferred
• Experience with transportation asset management, roadway safety, and complete streets preferred
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $90,000 depending upon education, experience, and placement with the organizational structure. A salary exceeding this range may be considered for highly qualified applicants. See the Employment Opportunities page of the Commission’s website for more information on the Commission’s benefits.
The Commission does not sponsor work visas. Any appointment made will be contingent on the applicant being able to prove valid status to work in the United States.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail or mail to:
Elizabeth Larsen, Director of Administration, Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
W239 N1812 Rockwood Drive | P.O. Box 1607 | Waukesha, WI 53187
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.sewrpc.org
The position will remain open until filled.
Job Type: Hybrid.
Link to Job Posting: Click Here