The Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission, the nationally regarded regional planning agency for the seven county greater Milwaukee area, and the designated Metropolitan Planning Organization for the five urbanized areas within Southeastern Wisconsin, has an immediate opening for a Water Resources Engineer. The Commission is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our diverse team of planners, engineers and specialists focused on addressing issues that transcend the political boundaries and fiscal capabilities of individual communities. The successful individual will be part of an interdisciplinary team that identifies, plans, and conducts water resource management projects.
Are you passionate about collaborating with colleagues and partners to educate the public about best-in-class research to protect our Region’s future? The Commission provides this and other opportunities to lead energizing work by ensuring that the Region is providing economic, environmental, and social value now and in the future. Our team of ~70 staff with a wide range of expertise is focused on continuously improving the quality of life for the Region.
• Conduct hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality modeling for stormwater and floodplain analyses.
• Prepare flood hazard maps and systems level plans.
• Conduct field work and data collection.
• Compose technical writing and contribute written technical content to reports and plans.
• Collaborate with staff from State agencies, local governments, and non-governmental entities.
• A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in hydrology and hydraulics
• A minimum of three years of related work experience and/or a master’s degree preferred
• Experience with technical writing, report composition, and the display of charts, maps and graphs to convey technical information
• Proficiency with Microsoft software
• Proficiency with ESRI mapping and analytics (ArcGIS Pro), HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, and SWMM preferred
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $80,000 depending upon education, experience, and placement with the organizational structure. A salary exceeding this range may be considered for highly qualified applicants. See the Employment Opportunities page of the Commission’s website for more information on the Commission’s benefits.
The Commission does not sponsor work visas. Any appointment made will be contingent on the applicant being able to prove valid status to work in the United States.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail or mail to:
Elizabeth Larsen, Director of Administration, Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
W239 N1812 Rockwood Drive | P.O. Box 1607 | Waukesha, WI 53187
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.sewrpc.org
This position will remain open until filled.
Job Type: Hybrid.
Link to Job Posting: Click Here