East-West Gateway Council of Governments
A conference attendee from this organization will be available to discuss this position with interested parties
Location: St. Louis, MO/Hybrid
Job description: East-West Gateway Council of Governments (EWG) has an opening for an ITS Analyst in the Transportation Planning Department. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager of Systems Evaluation.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining the federally-mandated Regional Architecture for the deployment and management of an Intelligent Transportation System (ITS).
• Maintaining a Congestion Management Process (CMP) that establishes congestion performance measures.
• Promoting implementation of a coordinated program for the management of the region’s transportation system.
• Conducting transportation analysis and evaluating projects for Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality funding.
• Assisting with other transportation related data analysis as necessary.
Job Qualifications include:
• Direct experience with ITS software including RITIS online suite and the National ITS Architecture Software (RAD-IT).
• Experience with land use models, GIS, and other computer-based analytical tools.
• Experience with handling and analyzing structured and non-structured data and developing computer code using programming languages such as R, C or Python.
• Experience conducting meetings and consensus building.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Verbal and written proficiency and excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Skills to conduct meetings, write reports, and the ability to learn and use different software.
• Familiarity with metropolitan planning requirements and knowledge of traffic operations.
The successful candidate for this position will have graduated from an accredited four-year college or university, with major course work in civil engineering or a closely related field and will have 3 years of directly related professional experience or an equivalent combination of directly related education and professional experience. A graduate degree in a directly related field may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States.
The salary range for this position begins at $57,096 annually, with actual starting salary based on background and experience. EWG offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including: insurance (health, dental, vision, and life), flexible spending accounts, retirement plan with employer match, and generous paid time off (vacation, holiday, and sick leave). A summary of benefits can be accessed on EWG’s website at www.ewgateway.org/careers.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; with the subject line ITS Analyst Application.