Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency
Location: Cleveland, OH/Hybrid
Engineer, Planner, Mid-Level
The Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) is a regional planning agency. As the region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization and Areawide Water Quality Management Agency, NOACA conducts transportation and environmental planning for a five-county region that is home to 2.1 million people and includes the counties of Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina.
The Manager of Engineering designs and manages highly technical transportation planning and traffic engineering programs and projects. In doing so, the Position develops, monitors and coordinates the work plan and budget for each assigned initiative. The Manager also identifies and develops new initiatives for and approaches to the Division’s portfolio of work, and performs advanced-level research, planning, analysis, evaluation, and report-writing. The primary areas of work for this position include community-level traffic operations planning, transportation safety, and signal timing optimization. The Manager of Engineering works cooperatively with NOACA staff, the US Department of Transportation, the Ohio Department of Transportation, regional and municipal agencies, other local stakeholders, and project consultants to further agency initiatives. The Position supervises one or more Division Planners/Engineers. This is a full-time, FLSA-exempt position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or related field, plus ten years of relevant transportation or traffic engineering experience. Master’s Degree may be substituted for one year of experience and PhD for an additional year
- Experience with traffic engineering simulation software preferred
- Familiarity with standards contained in Highway Safety Manual published by AASHTO preferred
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office software
- Strong research and data analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- Must be authorized to work in the United States