BMC is seeking a GIS analyst and cartographer to perform a variety of professional duties related to analysis, map production, and maintaining an enterprise GIS system.
• Produce high-quality maps and other graphical outputs to meet agency needs
• Perform GIS analysis, geocoding, and data editing using geoprocessing tools, databases, Spatial Analyst, and other GIS extensions
• Automate GIS tasks using Model Builder and Python
• Create and maintain GIS data for spatial analysis and map production in an enterprise environment (ESRI ArcGIS Server with SQL database)
• Create and maintain web maps and web mapping applications in ArcGIS Online
• Design, manage, and update map templates
• Create and maintain metadata
• Assist coordinator in SDE database and server administration, plotter maintenance,
and other technical tasks as required
• Provide administrative support to BMC technical meetings as required
• Provide GIS technical support to other GIS users in the organization
Candidate must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision, and must possess strong analytical skills as well as good organizational, oral, and written communication skills, especially the ability to convey technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences. Strong self-motivation and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment are also necessary.