Houston-Galveston Area Council
A conference attendee from this organization will be available to discuss this position with interested parties
Location: Houston, Texas/Hybrid
Planner, Entry Level, Mid Level
Job description: About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
• Joining a team of motivated professionals at the 5th largest Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) in the country.
• Becoming an expert on the benefits of electric vehicles and other alternative fuels and how those characteristics can be used to improve the quality of life for residents within the H-GAC region
• Developing plans for impactful, efficient, and equitable deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, intended to meet regional, state, and national goals
• Collaborating with team members to develop regional planning products, funding programs, and grant applications to support the expansion of clean transportation technologies within the H-GAC region
• Working directly with alternative fuel programs such as the Department of Energy’s Clean Cities Program and other alternative fuel and electrification initiatives within the region, state, and nation
• Supporting existing programs through application analysis, site visits, performance accounting, and communications with partners
• Interacting with stakeholders, including but not limited to: local and state governments, fleet owners, utility representatives, automobile and equipment manufacturers, project partners, and others
• Knowledge of electric vehicles, EV charging, or other alternative fuels and technologies
• Ability to plan and effectively manage complex, long-term projects from start to finish and demonstrate measurable outcomes
• Understanding of regional or transportation planning methods
• Strong relationship building and communication skills
• Ability to perform tasks with limited supervision
Do you have…
• Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
• 3 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties