Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency
Location: Cleveland, OH/Hybrid
Engineer, Planner, Mid-Level
The Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) is a regional planning agency. As the region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization and Areawide Water Quality Management Agency, NOACA conducts transportation and environmental planning for a five-county region that is home to 2.1 million people and includes the counties of Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina.
The Planner III involves the application of advanced-level planning skills to assigned tasks in the areas of transportation safety, congestion management, and NOACA’s flagship Transportation for Livable Communities Initiative (TLCI), among others. This position performs research, planning, evaluation, and report-writing, utilizing planning methods and mapping software, such as GIS. The Planner III supports the Division’s engineering team in conducting analysis and developing tools that assist communities in the region with the implementation of local transportation system solutions. This is a full-time, FLSA-exempt position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, urban planning, or related field, plus five years of relevant experience. Master’s Degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office applications
- Basic knowledge of ESRI GIS software
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States