Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency
Location: Cleveland, OH/Hybrid
Engineer, Planner, Mid-Level
The Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) is a regional planning agency. As the region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization and Areawide Water Quality Management Agency, NOACA conducts transportation and environmental planning for a five-county region that is home to 2.1 million people and includes the counties of Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina.
The Senior Planner involves the application of advanced-level planning skills to the areas of arterial corridor studies, congestion management, intelligent transportation system (ITS) architecture, and NOACA’s Signal Timing Optimization Program (STOP), among others. This position performs research, planning, evaluation, and report-writing, utilizing planning methods and mapping software, such as GIS. The Senior Planner leads and supports the Engineering team to assist the region’s communities in designing and implementing transportation system solutions. This is a full-time, FLSA-exempt position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, urban planning, or related field, plus seven years of relevant experience. Master’s Degree may be substituted for one year of experience. PE preferred.
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office applications
- Basic knowledge of ESRI GIS software
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States