Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency
Location: Cleveland, OH/Hybrid
Analyst, Engineer, Planner, Mid-Level
The Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) is a regional planning agency. As the region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization and Areawide Water Quality Management Agency, NOACA conducts transportation and environmental planning for a five-county region that is home to 2.1 million people and includes the counties of Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina.
This position involves the application of advanced transportation modeling and planning skills in the management of technical planning programs and projects. The primary responsibilities for this position include all aspects of travel demand modeling efforts such as preparation of model inputs, data and system management, model calibration and validation. The Senior Modeler will conduct sub-area and corridor level modeling. The position is responsible for implementing agency goals and objectives at the project level. The Senior Planner utilizes modeling and mapping software, such as CUBE/Voyager, TransModeler, and GIS in developing micro- and macro-modeling tools that assist communities in the region with designing and implementing transportation system solutions. This is a full-time, FLSA-exempt position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, urban planning, or related field, plus six years of relevant experience. Master’s Degree may be substituted for one year of experience. AICP or PE certification preferred.
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office applications
- Basic knowledge of ESRI GIS software
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States