East-West Gateway Council of Governments
A conference attendee from this organization will be available to discuss this position with interested parties
Location: St. Louis, MO/Hybrid
Job description: East-West Gateway Council of Governments (EWG) has an opening for a Transportation Analyst in the Transportation Planning Department. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager of Systems Evaluation. This is an entry-level position and has general responsibilities of working on transportation projects and data handling including manipulation, analysis, and presentation of transportation data.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Perform routine research, technical, engineering and/or system analysis, and quantitatively-oriented planning tasks, so as to result in the satisfactory completion of required studies, reports, plans, or other products
• Assist as needed with program design, production, and coordination of assigned projects
• Exercise reasonable initiative and judgement in applying professional principles and techniques to the solution of analytical engineering and other technical problems
• Presentation of findings and recommendations
• Working under the supervision of senior level staff with work routinely reviewed as to conformance with agency policies, objectives, budgets, and schedules
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of urban and regional transportation planning
• Excellent analytical, communication, and problem-solving abilities
• Data Analysis
• Familiarity with traffic modeling or statistical modeling and other computer-based analytical tools
The successful candidate for this position will have graduated from an accredited four-year college or university, with major course work in Transportation Planning, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or a closely related field and will have 1 year of directly related professional experience (including internships or similar experience) or an equivalent combination of directly related education and professional experience. A graduate degree in a directly related field may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States.
The salary range for this position begins at $49,323 annually, with actual starting salary based on background and experience. EWG offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including: insurance (health, dental, vision, and life), flexible spending accounts, retirement plan with employer match, and generous paid time off (vacation, holiday, and sick leave). A summary of benefits can be accessed on EWG’s website at www.ewgateway.org/careers.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; with the subject line Transportation Analyst I Application.