This is a full-time, non exempt position with Carson City Public Works. Under general supervision, provides professional transportation planning support for City projects and programs.
Examples of Duties
• Contributes to multi-modal (bicycle, pedestrian, transit, roadway) transportation systems planning, including data collection, analysis, and technical reporting.
• Contributes to successful implementation of the MPO’s performance-based planning activities, including monitoring and evaluating performance measures, and establishing performance targets to meet federal and State requirements.
• Performs research, studies, administrative and technical activities necessary to achieve planning project or program objectives.
• Contributes to development of long-range Regional Transportation plan updates; coordinates with other jurisdictions, agencies, special interest groups, State and federal government as required.
• Cooperates and coordinates efforts with planning departments, transit agencies, special interest groups, State and federal agencies.
• Updates and maintains the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) to comply with federal requirements and maintain funding/eligibility for programmed projects.
• Conducts transportation system analysis using mapping, travel demand modeling, database, statistical, or other related software(s).
• Prepares agendas, presents information, and seeks input from CAMPO Board, RTC and other associated Boards and Commissions.
• Contributes to the development and implementation of the Unified Planning Work Program for the MPO.
• Represents the City and/or the MPO on working groups, committees and task forces.
• Prepares maps, charts, models, sketches and other graphic presentations; prepares reports, presentations, correspondence and other written materials that contribute to the strategic advancement of department objectives.
• Promote multi-modal (bicycle, pedestrian, transit, roadway) mobility and safety.
• Organizes own work, sets priorities and meets critical deadlines.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
• Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with elected officials, public and City staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in city, regional, environmental, transportation or urban planning, public or business administration, or related field; AND two (2) years of professional transportation planning experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
View full description and submit an online application at carson.org/jobs