This is a full-time, FLSA non-exempt position with Carson City Public Works. Under general supervision from the lead or Senior Transportation Planner/Analyst, provides professional transportation planning support for City projects and programs.
Example duties include:
– Contributes to multi-modal (bicycle, pedestrian, transit, roadway) transportation systems planning, including data collection, analysis, and technical reporting.
– Contributes to successful implementation of the MPO’s performance-based planning activities, including monitoring and evaluating performance measures, and establishing performance targets to meet federal and State requirements.
– Collects and analyzes Graphic Information Systems (GIS) data to support technical activities.
– Performs research, studies, administrative and technical activities necessary to achieve planning project or program objectives.
– Contributes to development of long-range Regional Transportation plan updates; coordinates with other jurisdictions, agencies, special interest groups, State and federal government as required.
– Conducts transportation system analysis using mapping, travel demand modeling, database, statistical, or other related software(s).
Link to Job Posting: Click Here
Link to Apply for Job: Click Here