The Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission, a public planning agency, serves an eight-county area in northeast Wisconsin. This region has 185 total local units of government, 5,433 square miles, 400 miles of coastline, and is home to 603,180 residents. The Commission’s offices are located near DePere, Wisconsin. For more information, visit the website at: https://baylakerpc.org/.
Duties and Desired Skills
The chosen candidate will assist with the Commission’s two continuous transportation planning programs: the Sheboygan Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) program and the Regional Transportation Planning program. Experience and/or expertise in multiple areas of transportation planning is desired. Those areas include: development of MPO long-range transportation plans and transportation improvement programs (TIPs); travel demand forecast modeling processes; transportation/air quality conformity; transit planning; functional classification; rating of pavement conditions; development of coordinated public transit – human services transportation plans; bicycle and pedestrian planning; safe routes to school; mobility management; freight planning; and planning for airports, rail, and ports and harbors. Familiarity with federal and state laws and regulations regarding transportation is desired, in addition to experience with committees, meeting coordination, public speaking, and public participation techniques. Graphic design skills are a plus.
Annual salary range for this position is from $48,168 to $64,367, and will be based on level of experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, life, and disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
• Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in planning with an emphasis on transportation planning; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities;
• Two or more years of experience in transportation planning (preferred);
• Knowledge of principles and practices of transportation planning for all modes of travel;
• Ability to collect, summarize and present data;
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective professional relationship with staff and the public;
• Possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license (or obtain one within one month of hire); and
• Knowledge of, or experience with, software such as Adobe products (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and with travel forecast model software (Cube) is desirable.
To obtain an application, visit the Commission’s website at: https://baylakerpc.org/ or contact the Commission at (920) 448-2820.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to the Executive Director at Cwojtczak@baylakerpc.org or Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission, 1861 Nimitz Drive, DePere, WI 54301, Attention: Cindy Wojtczak. Position will remain open until filled. The Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.