Modeler and analyst at the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority. The NJTPA (www.njtpa.org) is one of the nation’s largest metropolitan planning organizations, covering the 13-county northern New Jersey region of 7 million people. The Manager of Modeling and Forecasting provides insights regarding the region’s travel patterns, markets, and demographic and employment trends, and contributes innovative forward-looking analyses in our metropolitan planning process. This is a full-time, non-supervisory position with excellent benefits in a collegial work environment.
· Lead the building, operation, and maintenance of NJTPA transportation and forecasting models
· Manage consultant-supported projects such as updating models to incorporate transportation improvements, developing demographic and employment forecasts, enhancing transportation-land use modeling integration, and conducting travel behavior surveys
· Collaborate on studies with colleagues within the NJTPA and at partner local, regional, state, and federal agencies
· Maintain technical expertise on planning methods and contribute to strategic resource decisions
· Report to staff, member and partner agencies, NJTPA trustees, and other planning professionals, policy makers and stakeholders
· Assist in agency regional planning initiatives, such as analyzing and visualizing transportation performance, scenarios, and strategies, and developing sketch-level decision-support tools
Strong communication, analytical, and program management skills will be essential, along with education and experience requirements.
The North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority is affiliated with the New Jersey Institute of Technology, an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive working environment. Applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women are strongly encouraged.
Link to Job Posting and to Apply: Click Here